Thursday, July 3, 2008

Familiarities Found in Ohio

This past weekend, Forrest and took a little drive around the Ohio area and found some things that reminded us of good 'ol NC. Below are some pictures. 

A lighthouse in the middle of Ohio, who knew?

If you play pretend, you can imagine that this is the Atlantic ocean.
We later found out that this lighthouse is just a tiny one in someone's back yard!

Last night after dinner we were trying to think of something to do and Forrest mentioned going to Barnes & Noble in Crocker Park, an outdoor shopping center. I responded with an association to food like normal, by saying, "Man I wish they still had the beignet stand there!" Well, Forrest got on the computer and after awhile said that the plans had changed and I would need to dress a little nicer than the tee-shirt I had on. So out we went and after about a 30 minute drive, we wound up in downtown Cleveland at a place called Light Bistro. We sat down, got dessert menus and after looking at the first item listed I realized why we were there. They served beignets!!!!  Below are some pictures from our wonderful dessert.



What was left of our dessert. We forgot to take a picture of the beignets before we started to eat them!

Forrest finishing off the espresso ice cream that came with the doughnuts.

No comments: