Thursday, August 14, 2008

Our New TV

As you all know, since Forrest and I have been married, I have been staying at home working on my new job....wife! While I am at home I like to catch up on the news and other various programs while doing the housework. I must admit I mostly enjoy having the TV on just for the noise it provides. This is the main TV we own and it lives in our living room.

Every month we sit down and work through our budget for that particular month. Well, when the electric bill came this month I anxiously opened it, hoping we had done better than last month and immediately put it down and hoped Forrest wouldn't see it for a long time! We had not done better than last month, but far worse and exceeded our electric budget by over $30! Apparently, our big screen TV sucks up all of our energy. Who knew? Well, graciously the Lord has provided me with a wonderfully smart and creative husband. After seeing the bill, he doesn't say a word, but sits there with his mouth wide open. After trying so hard no to laugh at his reaction, he says, "you know, Mom gave me a tv to take to the race track. I wonder if I still have it?" So off he goes to the attic to look. Low and behold he comes back with a huge smile on his face and says "Here it is!" I take a look at the box and cautiously open it. Inside is this:
So we now have a 5 inch black and white tv accompanied with radio and flash light. See Below:
We now own a tv in the kitchen, living room, bathroom and bedroom. Note the handle so that we can take it to any room we want! If it saves money....I'm all for it. So when you think of me watching tv you know exactly what 5 inch, black and white screen I'm watching. :)

No comments: