Sorry this is so late but I wanted to post some pictures of Forrest and me carving our pumpkin. We bought this pumpkin at church in Cleveland about a week before we left for the Bahamas. We then packed it in my car along with a knife so that we could carve it on Halloween. Here's how it turned out:
Also, here are a few pictures of our house in progress. The first thing we did when we got our keys was start cleaning the walls. We got a powder called Trisodium phosphate (TSP) that you mix with water and roll on the wall. We wiped EVERYTHING down with this stuff. And I mean everything. Then we caulked all of the cracks and around every window and molding. After that we cut and taped all windows and put paper on the floors upstairs to protect them from paint. We also covered the kitchen cabinets and doors. Next came the paint sprayer. We rented one from Sherwin Williams and sprayed primer on the entire house, ceiling, walls, doors, and windows. Basically anything that didn't have paper or carpet over it. We did the primer on a Saturday night and because it smelt so bad we had to get a hotel room! Don't let the Killz bucket fool you. It's not low odor! The next day we returned to Sherwin Williams and bought our wall paint, a low VOC, environmentally friendly, NO ODOR paint! It was wonderful. We then sprayed all of the walls upstairs and downstairs, except the kitchen, bathroom and 3rd bedroom. I'll paint those another color later. The Sunday night before the movers came we ripped up the carpet downstairs and pulled lots of carpet tack. Since then, we've been finishing all of the trim and touching up the walls. There is still a lot to do but I will post the first pictures now and later I will post ones of a more finished product.
No comments:
Post a Comment