Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!

Happy Valentine's Day!!!!

Forrest has been so sweet this week. Not that he's not normally sweet, but he has gone above and beyond to make me feel special and adored. He knows that my love language is gifts and has been surprising me with small little things throughout this past week. It has mostly been food, but those who also know me know that I never turn down food, especially something sweet! On Monday, Forrest surprised me with homemade cookies from the Cookie Lady who has a shop here in town. They were some of the best cookies I've ever had! On Tuesday, I received a candy apple from The Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. I have always wanted to try one of their candy apples, and now that I have I can say that I'm definitely a fan! Forrest took a break on Wednesday so we could finish the cookies and on Thursday we went to one of our favorite bakeries in Perrysburg, called The Baker's Kitchen, to pick out yummy treats. Finally, when I got home from a meeting last night there was a beautiful bouquet of flowers waiting on the kitchen table. This morning Forrest took me to brunch and this evening he cooked a wonderful surf & turf meal of fillet mignon and lobster tails. The second course is still cooking so I will update on that later. Forrest also surprised me with chocolates from my new favorite chocolate shop right around the corner from our house. It's called Cheron and I requested that from here on out, all chocolates purchased should be from this store. It is absolutely wonderful. We love dark chocolate and they have tons here...as well as lots of milk chocolate if that's your favorite. And to make things even better, they make all of their products at their main store about 10 miles away. 

I hope that everyone has a wonderful Valentine's Day!

No comments: