Saturday, February 7, 2009

Happenings Around the House

Over the past couple of weeks, Forrest and I have been finishing up some projects around the house. Usually, the only time we have to work on these projects is on the weekends, so they're taking a little longer than we expected. First, we've been repainting our kitchen cabinets. We've been working on them for about a month and I think we just might finish them today! Below are some more pictures of our progress. More to come of our finished product.

Everything from our cabinets had to go somewhere....and the dining room table won the vote. The weird plastic on the windows in the back is there because we were getting new windows and wanted to keep dirt and paint chips out of the house. However, never listen to a sales man because they are NOT the contractor and the contractor decided they would remove the widows from inside the house, not outside. So our plastic was useless. Oh well, you live and learn, right? :)
Our cabinets before we sanded and repainted...gross right?



Last week as I was shoveling the snow, I thought I would take some pictures to let everyone South of here, know how much snow we really have just hanging around. Although, it's supposed to warm up today and actually get into the 50's later this week!!! 


Finally, the last pictures are of our living room after I decided to move the furniture around (sound like anyone you know mom?) and hang some pictures. I think our next project will be refinishing the downstairs hardwood floors. More to come on the progress of that task. But I will say I am slightly dreading the mess a sander makes!








No comments: